Slideshow

A New Adventure: Portrait Parties! {Life Love Lens Wednesdays, Midlothian Family Photographer}

Wednesday, April 17, 2013




So, why am I doing this? Well, first of all, I think it’ll be fun for everyone!! But truthfully, here’s how it started.....It is basically IMPOSSIBLE for me to get my husband to be in family portraits. Yes, as embarrassing as that statement is as a photographer, it’s the truth. I know I’m not alone in this, right?! So, I am constantly trying to come up with ideas that will make it less “painful” for those of us with stubborn husbands, and BOOM, my best idea.....get him “loose” (tipsy, sauced, or er..... sort of, almost, drunk?) Terrible, I know!! But really, I’m out of ideas!! So, I thought a PARTY would be awesome!I started researching some ideas and realized that I am not as innovative as I thought....turns out Portrait Parties are already a “thing” ;). 

Don't you want to HOST a Portrait Party?!
Here's what's involved:

First, you need to invite your friends. (At least 4 families in addition to yours.)

Then coordinate with me on choosing a date and a location. Parties can be at your house, country club, boat club, favorite park, etc.

Collect session fees and coordinate session times. (Session fees are due to me at least 2 weeks prior to your party date.) Scheduling example; Smith Family 5-5:20, Jones Family 5:20-5:40, etc. Your guests do NOT need to stay for the entire party, but they must be there for their scheduled mini session time slot.

On the day of your party, you will provide food and drinks for your guests and help me keep things moving along according to the schedule. Your guests will also need to fill out a short info questionnaire and copyright notice. Please make sure that guests are not using their own cameras/phone cameras during the party.

Most of all Have Fun!

About 1-2 weeks after the party all guests will receive an email with directions to viewing  your online gallery. All print orders can be placed directly through the website - you do NOT need to collect orders! :)


Any questions? Feel free to call or email me! 



I’m excited about this new adventure, so here’s the fun extra.....the first person to book a Portrait Party will receive a FREE 16x20 gallery wrapped canvas! AND a SECOND one if your party orders total $500 or more!!

What are you waiting for? ;) Contact me today!

xoxo,
Kerry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger